August 22, 2011

Kedai Rakyat 1Malaysia

www.kedairakyat1Malaysia.com.my
Yes, my choice for a subject for my post is unusual this time around but my curiosity finally got the better of me this morning. I was enjoying my breakfast at my usual haunt, Kim Wah Restaurant in Beaufort (hehehe.. Doing some free advertisement for my former classmate) this morning. Slowly sipping my Kopi-O, smoking my Gudang Garam as I read the Daily Express.

I hardly read the malay section of the paper usually but today, the headline "Kedai Rakyat 1M'sia akan diperluaskan : Najib". I've been hearing a lot about this Kedai Rakyat 1Malaysia (KR1M) but never bothered to find out more about it. Do we have KR1M in Sabah? 


The report says, a kilo of garlics are sold at RM3.38 at KR1M in comparison to RM6.00 at "kedai biasa" (normal stores) and "beras super tempatan" sold at RM21.99 per 10 Kg at KR1M compare to RM25.80 at "kedai lain".

I'm impressed, especially about the garlics. I wonder how they managed to cut the price by almost half for the garlics, bulk buying?  Kudos to the store's purchaser(that is the person who sources the products to be sold at KR1M)! I wonder whether they could do the same in Sabah? They should open KR1M in Sabah, we need it the most because food prices here are crazy high! Even my foreign guests remarked about the unusually expensive price for fruits and vegetables here. 

I was so impress that I wanted to find out more about KR1M and its business model. So I googled it and found its website. It says KR1M was inspired by our dear PM and run by MYDIN. It says MYDIN is involved in this initiative as part of its Corporate Social Responsibility for the local neighbourhood. 

So who owns KR1M? Is it MYDIN or the government? Curious....
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...