September 3, 2011

Pot calling the Kettle black

I don't know whether you guys have heard the news about PAS Deputy President, Mat Sabu, who got himself into hot soup for his comments about the contribution of our security forces in pre-independence day. He was reported to have said that the real freedom fighters were the communists because they were fighting the British and the security forces were working for the British. 

Google Image
That's like telling me that Korom was not a patriot because he was with the North Borneo Armed Constabulary which was under the payroll of the British North Borneo Chartered Company. In my humble opinion, I consider Korom as a patriot regardless to whom his allegiance was. He was fighting for the freedom of North Borneo from an oppressive invading force i.e. the Japanese Imperial Army. It's just a matter of semantics. 

To be fair to Mat Sabu and the Communists, people seemed to have forgotten that the Communists did participated in guerilla warfare against the Japanese during World War II. 

An excerpt from Times, 
A Communist long before World War II, Chin Peng earned his O.B.E. honestly. British Intelligence Officer Lieut. Colonel F. Spencer Chapman, who spent 3½ years dodging the Japanese in Malayan jungles, called him "Britain's most trusted guerrilla representative."
Yes, I know later the Communists would be responsible for thousands of deaths in Malaya, I know about the atrocities they committed in their attempt to liberate Malaya from the British and set up a Communist Malaya. 


But I think in the context of history, we should look at it as a whole and not cherry pick the good or the bad details for your targetted audience. So I'm sorry if you are offended that I mentioned their "good deeds" here. Am I a communist sympathizer? Oh puhleezz lah! Your mind still stuck in the pre-independence day kah? The Communist are more hardcore capitalist than the real capitalist these days, just look at China! I think eventually, communism will become a relic of the past, in my opinion at least. 

Like our sage Tun Mahathir said, we shouldn't rewrite history. Anyway, I'm not blogging this to support Mat Sabu or oppose him, like I mentioned earlier, it's all semantics to me. Facts are facts, politicians are the worst historians and they rewrite history for their own purpose. The point of this post is to highlight the hypocrisy of our West Malaysian politicians on both sides of the spectrum. 

So there I was, driving happily to my farm and listening to TraxFM when the news came on. It was reported that Malacca's Chief Minister Datuk Seri Mohd Ali Rustam cautioned people against group that was out to distort/rewrite history and these people were out to discredit the contribution of past leaders like Tunku Abdul Rahman who negotiated for the nation's independence. 

"The pot calling the kettle black, kekekeke.." I thought, amused. Bunch of hypocrit buffoons. 

I respect Tunku Abdul Rahman as being one of the leaders, together with our Sabahan leaders like Tun Fuad Stephens and other Sarawakian leaders who founded the nation called, Malaysia. But hey, don't distort historical facts lah. 

That's Tunku declaring Malaya's indepence on 31 August 1957
These were some of the Sabahan leaders taking a picture together on 31 August 1963. Look at the wordings at the background
Tun Fuad Stephen formerly Donald Stephen
Who is distorting facts? LOL. Malaysia was never colonized lah. So how could you say that Tunku (God bless his soul) negotiated the independence of Malaysia? You mean Malaya kah? If you mean Malaya, then you are right but why use ambiguous language? 

I'll end this post by imploring Sabahans and all Malaysians to fly the Jalur Gemilang on 16 September. Long live Malaysia! To all politicians, stick to politics lah.. You guys are bad historians. Selective memories. Pot calling the kettle black.


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...