February 21, 2010

Continued open burning

I drove my mom to visit a relative in Kuala Penyu yesterday and I was shocked to see the fire rampaged bushes along the highway to Kuala Penyu. These fire were started by kampung folks as a convenient way to clear their lands and fertilizes their soil.










That's the view in Kuala Penyu yesterday.

Today, I drove to Kota Kinabalu to pick up my sister and brother in-law because they had to borrow my mom's car since their car broke down. On the way to Kota Kinabalu, same thing. Unfortunately, I didn't bring my camera.

We need to educate our kampung folks that in long run, if they continue with this short-cuts, they will leave a not so desirable living environment for their descendants, as for the rich towkays who should know better and have the monies to not do this, fine them.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...